276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Before & Laughter

£4.995£9.99Clearance
ZTS2023's avatar
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023
82
63

About this deal

Now, picture a family gathering where I thought reading a few excerpts from the book would elevate the mood. Overall, if you pick this book up, you are in for some guaranteed laughs and perhaps a few life lessons along the way.

To be honest they’re so rapid, it was sometimes difficult to reflect on them all and you might be too busy laughing. The distress or anxiety about a situation that can cause us grief; it's probably only 10% of what happens to us is an actual problem, the other 90% is how we respond to the problem.Hugh Grant is a friend and Monica Lewinsky is a friend of a friend and if you haven’t seen her TED Talk on being publicly shamed, may I recommend you stop reading, go and watch that and come back. If you fancy reading about what you could do, if you didn’t have a mortgage or lived in 2021 Britain this might be the book for you.

In this fun book, Jimmy Carr tells a few stories of his life, but intersperses it with all the self-help advice and wisdom he’s learnt along the way. From romantic misadventures to family fiascos and workplace woefulness, this book has turned me into a living punchline. Critics of mass culture have a trick of weighing the worst of the present with the best of the past. I loathe self-help books, I judge people who read them to find solutions to their problems and I find them boring and utterly stupid, not that I have read many, or any.I listened to the Audiobook version and really enjoyed it, but I might grab the paper version well because there are a bunch of quotes and sections that I would like to reread.

Whether acting as a host or panellist, he often makes me laugh out loud, even if his humour tends to be more on the deliberately offensive, smutty side. I'm now navigating the dating scene with the finesse of a stand-up comedian, all thanks to the comedic wisdom within these pages. It was an anecdotal self help guide without diving too deep, sort of ‘self help from the average Joe who’s just trying his best’s’ point of view- which I really appreciated. I didn’t like it at all at the start but eventually some of the humour came through and made it a more enjoyable read.

Cheaper than Scientology, quicker than therapy and much less boring than church - this is the hugely funny and insightful book about happiness by top comedian Jimmy Carr, and anyone feeling stuck in a rut should devour it. I loved the fact that he mentions these are mostly first world problems, in the third world people would burn this book either to keep warm or so that the thought-police wouldn't catch them reading it. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment